It was held thanks to the support of Goethe Institute, Centro Cultural de España and Instituto Chileno-Francés.
UNAM, Consejo Nacional para la Cultura y las Artes de México (CONACULTA), Dirección General de Cooperación Cultural del Ministerio de Cultura de España, Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP), CALOUSTE GULBENKIAN Foundation of Lisbon , México Embassy in Chile, Sociedad Chilena del Derecho de Autor (SCD) and Radio Beethoven also collaborate with the Second International Meeting.
In this version, the following guest composers participated:
Emmanuel Nunes (France), Silvio Ferrraz (Brazil), Hilda Paredes (Mexico), Victor Adán (Mexico), Fabián Panisello (Argentina-Spain), José Manuel López López (Spain), Gabriel Valverde (Argentina) and Juan Carlos Tolosa (Argentina).
This version also counted on the presence of Eric Daubresse, programmer and electronic music expert of IRCAM, France.
The guest composers carried out Composition workshops, four Concerts at Goethe Institute and Centro de Extensión UC, a Round Table at Centro Cultural de España and the following Lectures:
- Gabriel Valverde: An introduction to his book “Música Utópica”
- Silvio Ferraz : “The place of heterogeneity”
- José Manuel López López “Choice of compositional material in my works”
- Hilda Paredes: “Listen how they talk”
- Fabián Panisello :“The elements of the time”
- Victor Adán: “The meta-musical space and the time in architecture”
In the four Concerts, the following foreign composers’ premieres were held:
- Hilda Paredes “Homenaje a Remedios Varo” (1995) for flute, clarinet, violin, violoncello, piano and percussion and “Metamorfosis” (1999) for guitar.
- Victor Adan “Objetos” (2006) for recorder, clarinet, violin, viola, violoncello, double bass, piano and percussion.
- Juan Carlos Tolosa “L’endroit” (2001) for voice, violin, violoncello, double bass and electronics
- José Manuel López López “La Celeste” (2004) for percussion and video projection.
- Emmanuel Nunes “Grund” for flute in G and tape.
- Silvio Ferraz “Nesta cidade e abaixo de teus olhos” (2005) for voice and live electronics, “A casa aberta” (2004) and ”Garganta do gritador” (2002) for violin, violoncello, clarinet and piano;
- Fabián Panisello “l’ineluttabile destino di ogni cosa” (2003) for flute, clarinet, violin, viola, violoncello and piano;
- Juliane Klein “Fünf Lieder nach Gedichten von Gottfried Benn” (1986/87) for voice, flute, guitar and “aus der Wand die Rinne 5” (1999-2000) for piano;
- Gabriel Valverde “Resplandor de los Surem” (1996/98) for piano and “Terra Incógnita” (1991-92) for electronics.
The following Works by Chilean composers were also performed:
- Cristian Morales: “Nodo” (2004) for two flutes, tom-tom and electronics.
- Francisco Silva “Fragmentos Rizomorfos”(2004) for voice, recorder, violin and violoncello.
- Pablo Aranda: “Da” (2004) for two flutes
- Alejandro Guarello “N-oir-T” (2005) for violin, violoncello and piano
- Aliosha Solovera “Reversible” (2002) for flute, clarinet, viola and piano.